Equity Trustees with the assistance of The Australian Centre for Social Innovation (TACSI) wants to fund great ideas to build capability and partnerships that help older Victorian’s live, age and die well in the place that they choose.
The ageing and aged care environment in Australia is large and complex and in a current state of flux due to changing demographics and activities such as The Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety.
Equity Trustees’ Innovation In Ageing Grants Program focuses on improving the system for all and supporting innovative care programs aimed at improving lives of older Australians.
- 70% of people say that when they die, they want to die at home – but only 14% get to do so
- 38% admissions to nursing or residential care is because a carer can’t cope with the stress of the role
- Older people who are socially isolated have a 26% higher chance (over 7 years) to die prematurely
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN ENTERING THE CHALLENGE?
If your organisation shares our vision to:
- Improve the lives of all older Victorians
- Develop new approaches to aged care services
- Improve the aged care system for all Victorians
Then we invite you to take up the challenge. The next Challenge will open in early-mid 2021.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Equity Trustees will consider applications from:
- Existing, charitable, not for profit organisations, institutions or bodies, providing care, comfort and accommodation to aged persons within Victoria with a particular idea they want to develop and test.
- Organisations with an idea looking at the possibility of impact in the aged care sector and who have (or are willing to establish) a partner in the aged care sector (the aged care sector partner must meet the eligibility requirements sated in point 1)
Successful grantees will receive both funding and support to develop their innovative idea.
Funding to organisations in support of the Innovation in Ageing Challenge will be awarded in the second half of 2021.
Grants of up to $40,000 are typically awarded per team with the expectation that activity will take place over a 12 month period.
Some second stage funding may be available the following year to support organisations to further develop and pilot a high potential idea beyond the initial development and prototyping stage.
Typically includes the following stages:
Information Session: Usually conducted over 2 hours
Expression of interest submission: If your expression of interest is successful, you will be invited to attend the power-up session
Usually conducted over one full day, the Power-Up session is an opportunity to work shop your idea and receive guidance from TACSI's innovation experts. You are not required to share or present your iedea at this session.
Innovation in Ageing Challenge materials
The materials listed below relate to the 2019 Challenge and will be updated for the 2021 Challenge. They are included here to help potential applicants to better understand the program.
VIEW Equity Trustees - Theory of Change Ageing and Aged Care document
VIEW Information Session Presentation