Here are some things for you to think about.
You might not need all of these points.
• Once you've found a suitable funding program, read the guidelines carefully.
• Check the deadlines, allowing plenty of time to write your application.
• Check you are eligible to apply. Does your project meet the selection criteria?
• Do you address all items in the grant giver's guidelines?
• Have you provided a clear project summary?
• Does your application comply with grants timelines?
• Does your application include information on how you will deliver the project and include any project partners and their details?
• Does your application adequately demonstrate the issue /need you wish to address through your project?
• Does your proposal specify realistic and measurable project objectives?
• Does your application show why this project is unique, innovative, and different from
(and an improvement over) existing programs.
• Does your application contain a detailed budget that is accurate and adds up?
• Has your final version of the application been reviewed by someone not involved in writing your application?
• Is your application in the format requested?
Print or download Grant Application Checklist