The Angior Family Foundation was established in 2001 through the will of Leonard Holmes Angior. Since establishment, it has distributed more than $8.3 million in grants for charitable purposes in Victoria.
Australian Executor Trustees (AET, part of Equity Trustees) is the trustee of the Foundation. Grant recommendations are made in consultation with an independent advisory committee who are guided by the wishes of the Foundation’s founder.
In FY23, the Angior Family Foundation received 39 requests for funding totalling just over $930,0000. This included:
• 16 to support of the performing arts
• 23 to support medical services and research, and
• 5 applicants who were new to the Foundation’s grant program.
The Foundation’s advisory committee reviews grant applications and makes recommendations to the trustee to approve grants. The committee is comprised of individuals who were close friends and associates of the founder, Leonard Holmes Angior.
The committee meets quarterly to:
• Monitor the investment performance of the fund
• Review the progress of funded projects
• Discuss broader issues in the for-purpose sector - especially in areas aligned with the Foundation's granting strategy)
• Review grant applications and make recommendations to the Trustee.
How granting decisions are made
Members of the committee evaluate grant applications according to the intentions of the Foundation’s founder, Leonard Holmes Angior, that is:
- The Anglican Church of Australia Trust Corporation for the Diocese of Melbourne,
- Charities having, as their main purpose, the support of performing arts in Victoria, and
- Charities engaged in the provision of medical services or in medical research of any description.
Advisory committee members consider annual applications for funding up to $30,000 from February to end of March via SmartyGrants.
2024 Grant round open
Download The Angior Family Foundation guidelines
The funding round is based on the calendar year. The following table provides timelines for the application process.
|Monday 5 February 2024
|Friday 22 March 2024
|Applicants advised of outcome
|Friday 7 June 2024
For more information contact us by email email@example.com or call us on 1800684672