As Australia’s leading independent Responsible Entity (RE) and trustee, we provide a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all facets of funds governance wherever a fund is domiciled.
We provide strategic guidance on structures and locations and can establish the fund efficiently and effectively through our robust service model, which harnesses our legal and compliance resources. We also leverage our existing corporate relationships to create operational efficiencies and work proactively with investment managers and external service providers to ensure a smooth set-up and on-going operation of the fund.
Our resources in the UK and the USA support smooth service globally.
Our services incorporates the following:
- Preparation of the scheme constitution
- Registration of the Scheme with ASIC and/or ASX
- Issue of disclosure documents
- Establishing the compliance plan and monitoring against regulatory and legislative requirements
- Appointment and monitoring of external service providers including Custodian, Administrator, Investment Manager and Tax Adviser
- Lodgements of all regulatory reporting Governance of the framework around schemes, including establishment of a Compliance Committee and ongoing reporting to the Compliance Committee as required by the Corporations Act
- Establishment of a member complaints resolution process
- Appointment of scheme and compliance plan auditors and co-ordination of external scheme and compliance audits.
Additionally, Equity Trustees is able to act as Corporate Trustee on property, structured finance and securitisation transactions.
Corporate Trustee Services
A fundamental part of our role as RE is to be responsible for the on-going operation and oversight of the fund. This means robust monitoring and compliance measures and a risk aware culture among employees. Our Independent Compliance Committee ensures the highest standards of compliance methodologies and practices are in place.