An unlisted pooled mortgage managed investment scheme which invests in a diversified range of property securities.
The Fund aims to provide regular quarterly income for investors at a strong premium to comparable investments, with a high level of capital stability. It aims to provide diversification (with exceptionally low correlation to equities) and stable, consistent variable returns.
The Fund is a conservative managed fund which seeks to produce income by providing loans to selected borrowers. These loans are secured by registered First Ranking mortgages. Loans are predominantly offered in respect of improved retail, commercial, industrial and residential real estate within Australia.
Loans are for a maximum term of five years. However, at the end of the expiry, the loan can be renewed for a further term. Loans will only be advanced up to a maximum of 66.67% of the value of the mortgaged property.
The Fund is designed for investors seeking income returns higher than short-term money market rates.
Features and benefits of investing in the fund
• Capital stability
• A rigorous screening process and detailed analysis on every loan.
• Strong and consistent returns with low volatility.
• Strong credit performance with no arrears or losses recorded since inception.
• Potential return outperformance relative to risk, peers and benchmark.
• An indirect exposure to a strong underlying asset class.
• The asset consultant SQM has awarded the EQT Mortgage Income Fund a 4 Star “Superior” rating.
|The Fund aims to outperform the benchmark over rolling three-year periods, after taking into account fees and expenses.
|RBA Cash Rate
|1 October 2002
|Pricing & Liquidity