Equity Trustees wants to fund great ideas that will build the capability of Victorian aged care organisations to implement innovative, sustainable changes, and is providing a granting pool of $150,000 over one year to make it happen.
It’s no secret that Australia’s population is ageing. The number of Australians over the age of 65 is expected to more than double by 2055, meaning a greater proportion of our community will be older.
We are now faced with a challenge to create a community that fully appreciates the economic and social impacts of ageing and is well prepared to deal with the impact of this demographic shift – flexibly, sensitively and respectfully.
- 70% of people say that when they die, they want to die at home – but only 14% get to do so
- 38% admissions to nursing or residential care is because a carer can’t cope with the stress of the role
- Older people who are socially isolated have a 26% higher chance (over 7 years) to die prematurely
ARE YOU READY TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE?
If your organisation shares our vision to:
- Improve the lives of all older Victorians
- Address the needs of older people living in regional, rural and remote areas of Victoria
- Improve the aged care system for all Victorians
Then we invite you to take up the challenge.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Equity Trustees will consider applications from:
- Existing, charitable, not for profit organisations, institutions or bodies, providing care, comfort and accommodation to aged persons within Victoria with a particular idea they want to develop and test Organisations with an idea looking at the possibility of impact in the aged care sector and who have (or are willing to establish) a partner in the aged care sector in Victoria
- Community based, in-home care and other solutions that help maintain or regain independence
The Ageing Innovation Challenge funding is for:
- Designing and testing of innovative program ideas
- Adapting existing innovations into a new area e.g. geographical or population group such as Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) or Aboriginal Torrens Strait Islander (ATSI)
- Applying and testing research outcomes
Successful grantees will receive both funding and support to develop their innovative idea.
Funding to organisations in support of the Innovation Challenge will be awarded by 30 June 2017.
Grants of up to $30,000 will be awarded per team with the expectation that activity will take place over a 12 month period.
The Expression of Interest form is available from 15 March 2017. The closing date for EOIs will be 12 April 2017 APPLY NOW
View Case Studies View Guidelines